Re-immigration to Italy

About an Italian engineer, formerly a part of the much-publicized brain drain, who has only recently come back to his country.

Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

21 August 2005

The Pope reads re-immigration!

I quote myself from my August 19th post addressing the Pope:

Aren't there better reasons to open your mouth nowadays? for instance, apologizing to Islam for the crusades or stating that contraception is allowed if used to prevent disease?

And now I read this piece of news. The following bits immediately caught my eyes:

He told the huge crowd that there was "much that could be criticised in the Church". "We know this and the Lord himself told us so: it is a net with good fish and bad fish," the pontiff said.

Well, chapeau for this one. And also:

The Pope spoke of past wars that had been waged between Christians and Muslims with both sides invoking God's name as if, the Pope said, killing the enemy could be pleasing to God.

The Pope said by working together, Muslims and Christians could "turn back the wave of cruel fanaticism that endangers the lives of so many people and hinders progress toward world peace".


What can I say, his highness? thanks for reading my blog, and mostly thanks for following my advice!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home