Re-immigration to Italy

About an Italian engineer, formerly a part of the much-publicized brain drain, who has only recently come back to his country.

Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

12 August 2005

Strike abroad!


I sort of like it when there's a major strike abroad. It makes me feel less ashamed about the way our pre-historic, delinquent and criminal trade unions have treated air, rail and bus passengers on a regular basis in Italy since I was born and before.

Now it's British Airways facing the monster, though Alitalia will follow course at the end of the month, in an evident breach of a law that forbids strikes during the busy August season. I only hope that the criminal trade union leaders and the strike participants will be prosecuted for breaking a law of the Republic of Italy.

I also silently hope they will get fired one day, but another stupid law practically forbids firing anyone in Italy. So once you got a job, it's yours for life, even if you stop working or start stealing from your company (it's happened!). And then we complain there's no jobs: of course no-one hires you if they are sure you are going to stay there forever.

Ah, I'm getting bitter. I need a beer. It's Friday, and it's been a shitty week: mobile phone stolen, loads of work, motorbike still not repaired and generally bad weather.

Fuck it, and I even already had my hols.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home