Re-immigration to Italy

About an Italian engineer, formerly a part of the much-publicized brain drain, who has only recently come back to his country.

Name:
Location: Rome, Italy

13 July 2005

Starting to blog

It's now been over a year in Italy again, after leaving the country in early 1997 and making a comeback in May 2004.

Those who can search the web a bit will find out that I have been in Finland for most of that time.

Going there was quite a cultural shock, but coming back to Italy is (or at least was supposed to) be even more of a shock.

Now that I have re-adapted, I live like a northerner but like the south. As one of my best friends once wrote, I'm an impressive hybrid.

This blog will report on things I see. Through my northerner's eyes, or through my Italian heart. Depending on the situation.

I will welcome all comments.

2 Comments:

Blogger porchwise said...

I haven't been in Italy for half a century-- I look forward to your blog.

13 July, 2005 23:11  
Blogger denzil said...

You crazy italians you drive like lunatics! Beautiful country & people

13 July, 2005 23:44  

Post a Comment

<< Home